Saturday, June 23, 2007

feedback: to give or not to give

I've been working on some freelance projects here in Portland > great to get my hands on some "problems" and put to use some of the tools in my planning bag. It's appealing because it puts more experience on my resume; and mind you, when I was in New York spreading my brand, it was nice to say I was doing freelance work in Portland on the side.

After four completed projects, I would like some constructive criticism moving forward. I admire the nature of feedback > to make your work stronger. Feedback is to provide useful information for future decisions/development. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like a necessary part of the process that has been deemed "not a priority."

My roommate Alana says I should feel confident enough in my work and not to worry. She says most people will only give you feedback if it sucked. (Really?) I think that if it was good work, a short email saying "good work" is an easy thing to do. Hmmm....I'm left wondering...
i need a consultant.

4 comments:

Johanna Beyenbach said...

I think feedback is 100% necessary in any situation like this. It is impossible for one mind to think of all the possible ways of attacking a problem. Talking to other people about something will eventually add richness and more angles to something.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LB said...

Of course you need feedback. My feedback especially because you know no one can ever think exactly like me!!! We are all snowflakes.......On a serious note, everyone needs improvement as there is no perfect person. So welcome feedback with open arms and let it start a flowing.....

Ross Cidlowski said...

Without feedback we would never grow... dont be afraid, embrace it